The SESP 2019 conference will be held at the Sheraton Centre Toronto Hotel in Toronto, Canada October 17-19, 2019. The local conference organizers are Geoffrey Leonardelli, Liz Page-Gould, Wil Cunningham, Alison Chasteen, and Jason Plaks.
The SESP meeting is generally open to SESP members only, but each SESP member in attendance may sponsor one guest. Non-members whose symposia are accepted for the conference program do *not* need to be hosted by a member/sponsor. We ask that all attendees comply with our Convention Code of Conduct.
Information about symposia submissions will appear in March 2019 and conference registration will open in July.
About SESP 2019:
- The local committee is excited about the conference coming to Toronto. To give you a taste of the city, here's a short video.
- The city and tips for travel: You can also download the slide deck introducing Toronto 2019 at SESP 2018.
- Stay connected: Receive tweets about #SESP2019 by following @SESPcon on Twitter.
- Passport for Some: American residents and all other non-Canadian residents will need a valid passport to travel to and from Toronto. Other paperwork such as visas or an eTA might also be required. To find out whether you require a visa or eTA, please visit this Government of Canada website.
- Here is a SESP 2019 Google Map for Toronto conference locations and some of the city's attractions.
Hotel reservations are now available!
Room rates at the Sheraton Centre are $279 CAD per night and must be booked by September 18, 2019 to receive the group rate.
Either call the hotel toll free at 1 888 627 7175 (be sure to mention that you are attending the 2019 SESP Annual Convention), or make your reservation online.
Looking ahead: SESP 2020 will be in Madison, WI, October 15-17, 2020! We are seeking future sites for SESP -- if you are interested in hosting in 2021 or beyond, please email Monica Biernat at firstname.lastname@example.org
Looking back: A history of SESP conference locations